- Concrete Poles
- Utility Products
- Highway / Security Barriers
- Pole Bases
- Storage Sheds
- Pole is generally directly buried in the ground, eliminating the need for the more costly base mounted design.
- A galvanized steel base plate is optional. Refer to our options and accessories section for details regarding this option.
- Burial depth of poles is a standard 5' 0".
- In most cases the native material can be used for backfill material. If the soil is poor or there are heavy loads on the poles, select backfill may be required. Refer to the technical data sheets.
- Auger the appropriate size hole.
- Set pole in hole and plumb straight.
- Back fill with specified material, tamping every 6".
- Hot-dipped galvanized steel baseplate
- Opening for internal wiring
- Slotted openings for anchor bolts
- Anchor bolts
- Precast or poured in-place pole base
This reference chart outlines typical heights and classes for this pole style. Details on other sizes (not listed) are available upon request. Please contact our sales department for more information.
|Pole Class||Pole Catalogue Number
|A||B||C||D||E||Ultimate Ground Line Moment
|Nominal Pole Weight
|Total Pole Length
|Pole Height Above Grade
|Direct Burial Depth
|Pole Tip Dimension
|Pole Butt Dimension
|A||AS-150-A||15||10||5||4 3/4||8 11/16||4800||715|
|AS-175-A||17 1/2||12 1/2||5||4 3/4||9 1/8||6300||840|
|AS-200-A||20||15||5||4 3/4||9 5/8||7800||925|
|AS-225-A||22 1/2||17 1/2||5||4 3/4||10||9300||1076|
|B||AS-250-B||25||20||5||4 3/4||10 1/2||16200||1320|
|AS-275-B||27 1/2||22 1/2||5||4 3/4||10 15/16||18450||1520|
|AS-300-B||30||25||5||4 3/4||11 3/8||20700||1730|
|AS-325-B||32 1/2||27 1/2||5||4 3/4||11 7/8||22950||1970|
|AS-350-B||35||30||5||4 3/4||12 5/16||25200||2215|
|C||AS-275-C||27 1/2||22 1/2||5||6||10 15/16||24600||1570|
|AS-325-C||32 1/2||27 1/2||5||6||11 7/8||30600||2025|
The Astoria is available in 3 different surface finishes. Note: The polished finish is not available for this pole. For more information on our Surface Finish Options click here.
Plain Grey Mold Finish
The Astoria is available in all 12 standard USI colours as well as with our plain grey mold finish. Custom colours are available, please contact our sales department. For more information on our Colour Options click here.
Salt & Pepper
The Astoria has 6 available fixture mount options. For more information on our Fixture Mount Options click here.
Side Mount / Through Bolts
Side Mount / Inserts
Steel Tenon / Post Top
USI can accomodate any style of fixture or arm. If the style you require is not shown, please select Option 90 and contact our sales department.
The Astoria has 18 available options and accessories. For more information on our Options and Accessories click here.
Direct Burial - Standard and Cost Effective
Note: Generally the native material can be used for backfill. Depending on site conditions, alternative materials may be required.
Base Plate - Flush with bolts exposed